The mission of Metter High School is to provide a solid educational foundation based on a multifaceted academic, physical, and social program that will prepare and encourage our students to become responsible, productive citizens.
Welcome to Metter High School located in Metter, GA. Our principal is John Jordan. The school sits in the rural county area on Hwy 129 South. MHS is a beautiful single story building of 66, 677 sq. ft. This particular building has been in that location since the year 2001. Other buildings that are included on the campus are a weight room, athletic field house, greenhouse, and 3 portable classrooms.
There are approximately 529 students with 52 faculty and staff members. The student body is a very diverse one. Our student body ratio is fifty-three percent white, thirty-three percent black, eleven percent hispanic, one percent other. These students and the staff work hard to maintain the integrity of Metter High School. We are driven to maintain excellence.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Metter High School is to provide a solid educational foundation based on a multifaceted academic, physical and social program that will prepare and encourage our students to become responsible, productive citizens.
Our success depends on shared goals and teamwork among parents, students, faculty and the community.
- A successful school promotes cooperation, self-discipline and motivation in all students.
- High expectations and encouragement are necessary for student success in school, social and personal endeavors.
- All students can be taught that they are responsible for the consequences of their actions.
- All students have the right and the responsibility to learn and to reach individual levels of success.
- Educators should be positive role models for students.
- All students have the opportunity to learn the skills and knowledge that will enable them to become responsible citizens.
- Students and teachers will perform their respective jobs in a safe learning environment.
- Effective educators have high expectations for responsible work habits and honorable, ethical conduct from all students.
- Successful students should have opportunities to explore the world of modern technology.
- Work ethics are an integral part of an educational program.